- Hsu CY, Huang PL, Chen CM, Mao CT, Chaw SM*, 2012, “Tangy Scent in Toonasinensis(Meliaceae)Leaflets: Isolation, Functional Characterization, and Regulation of TsTPS1 and TsTPS2, Two Key TerpeneSynthase Genes in the Biosynthesis of the Scent Compound”, CURRENT PHARMACEUTICAL BIOTECHNOLOGY, 13(15), 2721-2732. (SCI) (IF: 2.805; SCI ranking: 52.1%,35.6%)
- Lin CP, Wu CS, Huang YY, Chaw SM*, 2012, “Complete chloroplast genome of Ginkgo biloba: reveals the mechanism of inverted repeat contraction”, Genome Biology and Evolution, 4, 374-381. (SCI) (IF: 4.618; SCI ranking: 24.4%,16.5%)
- Lai CP, Chen PH, Huang JP, Tzeng YH, Chaw SM, Shaw JF., 2012, “Functional diversification of the Tubby-like protein gene families (TULPs) during eukaryotic evolution.”, Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology, 1, 2-8. (Others)
- Chung-Shien Wu, Ya-Nan Wang, Chih-Yao Hsu, Shu-Miaw Chaw, 2011, “Loss of different inverted repeat copies from the chloroplast genomes of Pinaceae and cupressophytes and influence of heterotachy on the evaluation of gymnosperm phylogeny.”, Genome Biology and Evolution, 3,1284-1295. (SCI) (IF: 4.618; SCI ranking: 24.4%,16.5%)
- Chung-Shien Wu, Ching-Ping Lin, Chih-Yaw Hsu, Ruijiang Wang, Shu-Miaw Chaw*, 2011, “Comparative Chloroplast Genomes of Pinaceae: Insights into the Mechanism of Diversified Genomic Organization. ”, Genome Biology and Evolution, 3, 309-319. (SCI) (IF: 4.618; SCI ranking: 24.4%,16.5%)
- Hong-Fang Li, Shu-Maiw Chaw, Chun-Mei Dua, Yi Ren*, 2011, “Vessel elements present in the secondary xylem of Trochodendron and Tetracentron (Trochodendraceae)”, Flora, 206(6), 595-600. (SCI) (IF: 1.639; SCI ranking: 41.1%)
- Lin CP, Huang JP, Wu CS, Hsu CY, Chaw SM* , 2010, “Comparative Chloroplast Genomics reveals the evolution of Pinaceae Genera and Subfamilies. Genome Biology and Evolution. 2: 504–517.”, Genome Biology and Evolution, 2, 504-517. (SCI) (IF: 4.618; SCI ranking: 24.4%,16.5%)
- Salmans ML, Chaw SM, Lin CP, Shih AC, Wu YW, Mulligan RM*, 2010, “Editing site analysis in a gymnosperm mitochondrial genome reveals similarities with angiosperm mitochondrial genomes”, Current Genetics, 56(5), 439-446.
- Luo S, Chaw SM, Zhang D*, and Renner SS, 2010, “Flower heating following anthesis and the evolution of gall midge pollination in Schisandraceae”, AMERICAN JOURNAL OF BOTANY, 97: 1220-1228.. (SCI) (IF: 2.664; SCI ranking: 24.7%)
- Lin YT, Lin CP, Chaw SM, Whitman WB, Coleman DC, Chiu CY* , 2010, “Bacterial community of very wet and acidic subalpine forest and fire-induced grassland soils”, Plant and Soil, 332, 417-427. (SCI) (IF: 2.733; SCI ranking: 10%,23.7%,6.1%)
- Hsieh CR, Yu PJ, Chen LG, Chaw SM, Chang CC, Wang CC* , 2010, “Cytotoxic constituents of Hydrangea angustipetala on human gastric carcinoma cells”, Botanical studies, 51, 45-51.. (SCI) (IF: 1.103; SCI ranking: 56.8%)
- Wu SH*, Sun HT, Teng YC, Rejmánek M, Chaw SM, Yang TYA*, Hsieh CF, 2009, “Patterns of plant invasions in China: Taxonomic, biogeographic, climatic approaches and anthropogenic effects ”, Biological Invasions, DOI: 10.1007/s10530-009-9620-3. (SCI) (IF: 2.896; SCI ranking: 27%,33.6%)
- Chen CH, Huang JP, Tsai CC, and Chaw SM*, 2009, “Phylogeny of Calocedrus (Cupressaceae) , an eastern Asian and western North American disjunct gymnosperm genus, inferred from nuclear ribosomal nrITS sequences”, Botanical Studies, 50：425-433. (SCI) (IF: 1.103; SCI ranking: 56.8%)
- Wu CS, Lai YT, Lin CP, Wang YN, Chaw SM* , 2009, “ Evolution of reduced and compact chloroplast genomes (cpDNAs) in gnetophytes: Selection toward a lower-cost strategy”, Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 52, 115-124. (SCI) (IF: 3.609; SCI ranking: 34.1%,35.6%,29.1%)
- Wang RJ, Cheng CL, Chang CC, Wu CL, Su TM, Chaw SM. 2008. Dynamics and evolution of the inverted repeat-large single copy junctions in the chloroplast genomes of monocots. BMC Evol Biol.8: 36. doi:10.1186/1471-2148-8-36
Chaw SM, Shih AC, Wu, YW, Liu SM, Chou TY, Wang D. (2008) The mitochondrial genome of the gymnosperm Cycas taitungensis contains a novel family of short interspersed elements, Bpu sequences, and abundant RNA editing sites. Mol. Biol. Evol. 25:603-615.
Wang, D., Y.-W. Wu, A. C. Shih, C.-S. Wu, Y.-N. Wang, S.-M. Chaw. (2007) Transfer of chloroplast genomic DNA to mitochondrial genome occurred at least 300 million years ago. Mol. Biol. Evol. 24:2040-2048.
Chen FC, Chaw SM, Wang SS, Tzeng YH, Chuang TJ. (2007). Alternative splicing as an evolutionary switch to accelerate or decelerate evolution of protein subsequences. Mol. Biol. Evol. 24: 1443–1446.
Wu C. S., Y. N. Wang, S. M. Liu, S.-M. Chaw (2007) Chloroplast genome (cpDNA) of Cycas taitungensis and 56 cp protein-coding genes of Gnetum parvifolium: insights into cpDNA evolution and phylogeny of extant seed plants. Mol. Biol. Evol. 24:1366-1379.
Chen F. C., S. S. Wang , S. M. Chaw , Y. T. Huang, and T. J. Chuang (2007) PGAA, a plant genome annotation pipeline for rice gene and alternatively spliced variant identification with cross-species EST conservation from seven plant species. Plant Physiology 143:1086-1095
Chang CC, Lin HC, Lin IP, Chow TY, Chen HH, Chen WH, Chen CH, Liu SM, Chang CC, Lin CY and Chaw SM (2006) The chloroplast genome of Phalaenopsis aphrodite and comparative analysis of evolutionary rate with that of Grasses. Mol. Biol. Evol. 23: 279-291. (SCI)